Holy Week brings our focus in to who Jesus is and why He came to this earth. God doesn’t want us to be confused about Christ. Jesus Christ’s deity is central to our Christian foundation and beliefs. If you believe that Jesus was just a nice man or a wise prophet or a good angel, then you are missing the very essence of Christianity. Paul, in His letter to the Colossians, made it clear that Jesus was all man and all God. There is no one else who fits that description. Christ is the one and only God in human form. Immanuel, God with us, sent to this world to offer His life for us.
In Colossians 1, we see one of the strongest statements in all of scripture as to the divine nature of Christ. He is supreme over all creation and over all spiritual beings. He is the one who created us and sustains us. As this passage paints a true picture of Jesus in vibrant color, I see the power and the beauty of the One in whom I have placed my trust. I know I can safely and confidently place my life and my future in Him. Here’s what Paul wrote about Jesus:
- He is the visible image of the invisible God.
- He is the firstborn (supreme) over all creation.
- By Him all things were created.
- He existed before everything else began.
- He holds all creation together.
- He is the Head of the church.
- He is the firstborn of all who will rise from the dead.
- In everything He has the supremacy – He is supreme over all, the first in everything.
- All God’s fullness dwells in Him and through Him.
- God reconciled all things through Christ, by making peace through His blood shed on the cross.
Take a moment to ponder each of these descriptions of Jesus throughout the week this week, and praise Him for who He is.
Praise you Father, Son and Holy Spirit, God three in One. There is no other. You are the God of all creation, the beginning and the end. Loving, Merciful, all-wise God, all glory and honor belong to You. You are before all things, and by You all things exist. Thank you God for caring about me. I am honored to be called your daughter. Glorious God, thank you for letting me know you through your son Jesus. Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God Almighty, You are the One Who was and is and is to come.
A portion of this blog is an excerpt from Karol’s book A Woman’s Secret to Confident Living.
Check out this month’s $5 special, Karol’s DVD on the topic.