It’s easy to talk about the problems in our society, but it’s not as easy to discover positive solutions. When I think about journeying down the road to recovery, here are a few things for which I pray:
- Love, instead of hatred
- Conversations, instead of angry discourse
- Listening, instead of demanding
- Prayer, instead of ignoring God
- Humility, instead of pride
- Hope, instead of fear
- Nuclear families strengthened, instead of dismantled
- Wisdom, instead of foolishness
- Biblical values, instead of cultural ideologies
- Loving God, instead loving the world
- Compassion, instead of self-centeredness
What would you add to the list? It may seem like pie-in-the-sky thinking, but I believe we can each take steps toward healing and hope. Will you join with me in praying for our nation? And as we pray, let’s seek God’s heart on what we can do to make a positive difference in our own communities.
If you are looking for a way to be proactive, I invite you to join the volunteer team with Engage Positive Parenting Initiative. Our desire is to strengthen and restore families through parenting discussion groups. The Engage program not only encourages fruitful conversation and stimulating ideas, but it also builds relationships across the racial divide.
Currently we are holding classes online. Our next Volunteer Training will be Wednesday, August 12, 10:00 – 1:00 CT via zoom. You can find out more information about Engage and sign up for training at www.EngageParenting.com