“How rare it is to find a soul quiet enough to hear God speak!” Francois Fenelon
This past week, I’ve been in Austin working on a book based on the book of Colossians. I must admit I am overwhelmed by the treasures of truth we learn about Christ in this amazing book of the Bible. It’s been wonderful to be in the quietness of Austin, having time to think, pray, contemplate and listen to the Creator’s voice.
I want to encourage you to take some quiet time to consider the facts about Christ which are laid out in Colossians. I’ve written a few of them below. Ponder what these attributes of Christ mean to you personally. In fact I would encourage you to prayerfully take one of these attributes each day and allow God to speak to your heart concerning Christ. Let’s continually grow deeper still in our knowledge of Him.
- He is the visible image of the invisible God.
- He is the firstborn (supreme) over all creation.
- By Him all things were created.
- He existed before everything else began.
- He holds all creation together.
- He is the Head of the church.
- He is the firstborn of all who will rise from the dead.
- In everything He has the supremacy – He is supreme over all, the first in everything.
- All God’s fullness dwelt in Him and through Him.
God reconciled all things through Christ, by making peace through His blood shed on the cross