During this most wonderful time of the year, let us turn our hearts upward as we focus on the glorious majesty of our God. This month I want to provide you with a daily attribute of the Lord on which to meditate throughout your day. May this give your heart a reason to rejoice and your mind an opportunity to praise His glorious name throughout the holiday season.
- He is our Creator. In the beginning God create the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1
- He is God Most High. I cry out to God Most High to God, who vindicates me. Psalm 57:2
- He is our Shield. Do not be afraid…. I am your shield, your very great reward. Genesis 15:1
- He sees You are the God who sees me…I have now seen the One who sees me. Genesis 16:13
- He is the Great I Am. God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” Exodus 3:14
- He is our Redeemer. I will redeem you with an outstretched arm. Exodus 6:6
- He is our Strong Defender. The LORD is my strength and my defense. Exodus 15:2
- He makes bitter waters sweet. Moses threw the piece of wood into the water and the water turned sweet. Exodus 15:25
- He sanctifies I am the Lord who sanctifies you. Exodus 31:13
- He is Holy. Be holy because I, the LORD your God am holy. Leviticus 19:2
- He is Faithful and True. He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations. Deuteronomy 7:9
- He is a Defender of the downtrodden. He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow. Deuteronomy 10:18
- He has a Mighty Hand and a Powerful Arm. The LORD brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Deuteronomy 26:8
- He is our Rock. He is the Rock, His works are perfect. Deuteronomy 32:4
- He is a Generous. Take possession of the land the LORD our God is giving you for your own. Joshua 1:11
- He does Amazing Acts. Tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you. Joshua 3:5
- He is our Peace. Gideon built an altar to the LORD there and called it The Lord is Peace. Judges 6:24
- He Restores. I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten. Joel 2:25
- He is the LORD of Heaven’s Armies. I come to you in the name of the LORD of Heaven’s Armies. I Samuel 17:45
- He is Omnipotent. You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you. Nehemiah 9:6
- He is our Shepherd. The LORD is my shepherd, I have all that I need. Psalm 23:1
- He is our Guide. He guides me down the right path bringing honor to His name. Psalm 23:3
- He is our Salvation. The LORD is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear? Psalm 27:1
- He loves us with an Unfailing Love. Your unfailing love will last forever. Your faithfulness is as enduring as the heavens. Psalm 89:2
- He is Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this. Isaiah 9:6-7
I hope you have a wonderful Holy-Day season. May these verses lift your spirits and turn your heart toward Almighty God. Starting on Dec 26, I will begin posting specific attributes we see in Jesus, as we worship Emanuel, God with us.
Follow me on Instagram as I provide a colorful reminder of these daily attributes – @karolladd
Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash