Will school start in person or online? Will you be homeschooling or going back to work or juggling the two? As a mom, you may feel at wit’s end right now with so many unanswered questions. Today’s blog offers you a few points of encouragement as you juggle your continually shifting responsibilities.
When you feel overwhelmed, remember the Stop Method
Step away from the source of frustration
Take several deep, relaxing breaths
Objectively think about how to wisely handle the situation (reengage your brain)
Pray for God’s help, strength & direction
Creating a Peace-filled Environment
- Develop simple daily routines (Example: breakfast, reading time, play time, lunch, naptime, craft time, tv time, dinner, Bible stories, bath bed)
- Start each day with Gratitude (thank the Lord for 3 things)
- Play with your kids instead of working against them – laugh, enjoy, create, sing, color, build a fort, have fun!
- Watch shows and movies together
- Play peaceful music – having the tv on all the time creates stress
- Limit screen time for you and your kids –studies show frustration/anger is elevated when parents are focused on their phone more than their kids.
- Get outdoors into God’s wonderful creation, go for family walks
- Have naptime every day for you and your kids – we all need a break
- Read books, pray and sing silly songs together
Take care of yourself personally – Set aside a little time now and then to stay connected with positive friends through calls or texts. Again, guard against constantly being on your phones as it will only add more stress to your life. If you need a break, see if a family member can help watch the kids while you take a break.